Blog Entry#1

 Wednesday, August 26,2020 


Blog Entry#1:

    The reason why I picked this type of theme for my blog was that I wanted something easy access throughout the blog. While I was looking at different backgrounds for my blog I found the picture of a wedding cake, and I immediately picked that one to be my background. 

    The reason why I wanted the picture of the wedding cake to be my background picture is that getting a chance to make a real wedding cake for someone is on top of goals in my career. Right now I'm doing little things like cookies, cupcakes, muffins, homemade bread, and sometimes birthday cakes. So, seeing the picture of the wedding cake every time I get on my blog it will remind me of what I want to accomplish. 

  I think it would be cool to treat this blog as a practice start for me to push myself to put my creativity out in the real world. I do have my own personal Instagram and I do post pictures of what I create, but my Instagram is private. 

  Since I've been using Instagram for about six years now and I recently started using TikTok for a little over two months, I have seen so many more people post their creativity. Especially, since everyone is in quarantine so many people have found new hobbies and turned that into a business. I truly do believe that any type of social media can be useful for any type of business, but for it to be successful is that you need to know how to get the people's attention to get them to look at your posts. 

  In, order to get someone's attention you have less than five seconds for someone to look at your posts. When you are on Instagram, TikTok, or youtube, etc. you are automatically looking for something to take your mind off of the real world. It's all about to have the perfect post to get someone's attention, your post needs to have a nice color scheme, clean/ organized, and in some cases the less the better. Your post shouldn't have too many words/things on it, because at the end of the day people who see your post will just scheme it. Whenever I think about how much time I have to get someone's attention for a post, I think about YouTuber David Dobrik. Dobrik has always explained to people why his youtube videos are always about four minutes and twenty seconds is because when watching a video people lose interest after about five minutes. Ever since Dobrik started doing this his career has skyrocketed. 

  I don't think that there are certain types of social media platform are only meant for businesses or personal use. At the end of the day, social media platforms are meant to connect people.    

Comments

  1. I love the way your theme and blog looks, it was easy to find the post and I haven't seen anyone with this type of layout in our group. Using a wedding cake as a constant reminder that you will achieve your goal of making one in the future is awesome. I also liked that you want to use this blog as a building block for showing your creative side to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, your photo is spot on. It immediately draws me in that you are a fancy baker! Your colors are so coordinated too. I am looking forward to seeing how you chose to showcase your creations and communicate with your audience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia! I thought your background and color palate were on point for promoting your business goal. I also appreciated how you referenced one of your own social media inspirations and gave a great tip to consider (about timing on social media).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julia! I like the background pic, I want to eat that cake sooo bad hahaha. The colors give off a mature-but-not-stuffy vibe which is awesome for someone with a baking business!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment