Week 3 PartB: Entry#6

 Monday, September 14, 2020

Blog Entry#6: 

If I were to have my own business, I would have my bakery. I would keep it small, I don’t think I would buy a building/store, I would just do everything at home, and possibly have a stand at local farmers markets. I would have a simple logo that is called Julia’s Desserts, my theme colors would be white and lavender color. The font that I would use would be Courier New. I would like to keep my logo simple, but I would also want it to grab people’s attention, so that's why I picked out one light color and one dark color.


I honestly think that getting new customer's attention is to have a unique logo, it doesn’t have to a fancy looking logo, but it does have to be super fancy. You have less than three seconds to get someone’s attention, to have someone to glance at your logo. So, its always best that you put everything into your logo and hope for the best. Your logo is the number one thing that your customers will remember other than the product that you are selling, so you have to make sure it is presentable. 


I think studying other company’s logos could also help make decisions on what your logo will look like. Think about why a company would choose a certain color, animal, font, etc. all of this can help you make decisions on what you want. You also have to keep in mind that most companies don’t change their logos that often, so you have to make sure that everything that makes up your logo can catch people’s attention from five years from now. I know that can seem to be hard, to try to predict what will be the next trend from five years from now, but it’s something that you have to keep in mind.


Comments